Sunday, January 15, 2012

Living at Disney / Unplanned Monorail Stunt Show

This will be short because I am typing with one hand. The other is in a sling, both legs are a little messed up, one more than another.

I fell on unmarked wet concrete on the Grand Floridian platform. It happened as I was trying close a door on Monorail Red.

I fell hard. Very hard. It hurt (and contines to hurt) like hell when the medication runs low. But that's only of I move it the wrong way. At this point, I've kinda figured out how to move without much pain.

And here I am...



I spent all day yesterday (9:30 till 6:30) in waiting rooms and seeing a slew of Disney doctors in a facility located behind Norway in Epcot by the way. The doctors debated what kind of injury it is. One doctor thinks it's broken. One thinks its a deep (bone?) bruise. My follow up is Friday. Luckily, I had today and tomorrow off anyway. As far as Friday, I'm not going in to regular work. I may do light duty somewhere, but not on the monorail or its platforms.

More updates to come when I can on my assignment and arm.

All of this happened on the same day I was going to go to a UCF volleyball game as I have become a fan of the sport. I'm thinking this was a sign of some kind that I should avoid the girls at UCF maybe.

Oh, I don't have a roommate right now. He moved out and he has yet to be replaced.

Since the room is now clean (after the recent departure), I decided to finally post pictures of the room and complex, Chatham Square, as well as my most recent meal so all of you concerned about my eating habits can sorta relax. It's beef stroganoff, peas, garlic mashed potato, french butter bread, and grape Gatorade.






Wait, is that a stormtrooper helmet (aka bucket) on the table by the computer?



That bucket is actually my new piggy bank.